Monday, January 11, 2010

Careers

 

I don’t have much of a career, I spent twelve years in one industry and after a year of soul searching I am no further ahead.  I’m not sure what I am suppose to be doing.  It’s confusing, a lot of people I have spoken to have said to let it happen.  Is it suppose to be like a relationship, works best when you are not looking? Who knows.  Yet, there are all those people who find their calling, I guess we all can’t be chiefs right?  Some of us, have to help others get to where they need to go. 

For anyone who is or has been unemployed can relate to this, applying for your next position is really frustrating, try finding that right position, one that you have all the qualifications for, or they are looking for what you have to offer but the pay doesn’t match, and even if it appears you’d be a perfect fit, will you get that call.

At this point in my life, I am trying to change my career, but in looking for a starting position in this field, yikes.  Experience seems to be what’s on everyone’s minds.  The recession is a big factor here as well, a year ago, the wage level for the entry level was pretty decent, now I see the wage level set to minimum wage with three years of experience.  WOW.

I can just imagine how this affects, those who live in a rural area and will have to travel in order to get that next job, will it even be worth the commute! 

Work from home sounds great, but you really do need the resources up front to get on with this, and you really need to be careful not to get involved in some scheme, not to mention the business world hasn’t quite move to this concept; wanting to keep control, and ensure they are paying for the outmost in productivity.

Patience is your best virtue.

 

 

Have A Great Day

1 comment:

  1. I know that the right time will come for you, and you will get a job that for fills you and all your needs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete