Are we defined by our jobs, where we live, what kind of car we drive, or is it as simple as our personalities. If it’s the later than I am trouble. Actually, I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer here, it is what YOU make of it isn’t!. I’m sort of a workaholic when I have a job that is; funny what I can’t do for myself I can do for someone else. About a year ago, I made the decision to leave what I was doing, so that I could spread my wings into a whole new career path. I wasn’t going to get caught in the same work traps. Bright ideal! We’ll not for me, a year later and I’m still in limbo. Why is that? Do I need professional help? I’m not sure. I know there are lots of people who can just make a decision and go with it, or they just know. What about us in between people? Let’s face it we all can’t be chiefs. My Dad fell into a job he loved in his earlier 40’s and cried when he had to leave it on account of MS. I remember being in my 30’s and a 20 year old saying to me, don’t sweat it your not your job (she was a bright individual). How did you make that decision, did you chase the money or did you follow your heart, or was your career an accident? I feel sad for all those new people to the country, who have chosen a profession and yet aren’t able to get employment in their perspective fields.
I’m ready to rejoin the work force and I have to tell you, I’m having severe headaches making a decision of what to do. I need to get moving where I don’t know. I’ve asked God to lead me in the right direction, but I think he wants me to stand up for myself. If I’m being honest, I would tell you I kind of want to go back to school, perhaps full time but we need the money. I don’t think my dilemma is not knowing it’s making a choice. That is the real answer isn’t it? I thought so.
In front of me are at least 10 job postings, some lead to where I came from, others to roles I’ve contemplated and others I have no business considering, I also have three courses I would and sort have to enrol in, if I want to pursue my interest. WOW, look at that the real answer is in front of me. Choose the course and work around them. If only it were that easy. Those part time jobs are not enough to pay for the courses. Back to square one, the ideal role is out there, and in the meantime I have to make a choice and make ideal. I’ll let you know.
Have A Great Day
I don`t think it was a mistake to take your courses because it is something that can make you feel proud about yourself. You will make the right CHOICE. I also believe that when the time comes you will know which job is right for you.
ReplyDeleteI know a few people that studied for a certain profession, and now that they are all done, they still cant find that job. Its really hard out there today, it`s not as easy as it looks.