Thursday, December 3, 2009

When is giving your opinion too much?

 

Today I deliberated how much of my opinion to give.  I was telling a sibling, what I thought they should do, and than I told myself  that I made my statement, don’t dwell on it.  You can make a statement about something you think; but how much do you say about what you think, is more than enough?  Especially, when what you think pertains to someone, someone you know, someone you love.  There is a chance you can say too much, and as result, your message can get lost and appear pushy, and the receiver tunes you out, or worst gets frustrated, perhaps frustrated with you.  Is there a mechanism that should let you know when to much is TOO MUCH?   I’m not sure either.  I do know that I have seen fights break out, hurt feelings, a parting of the ways.  When this happens, you’re not just hurting yourself but everyone in your circle or your whole family.  I guess you need to watch how your receiver is taking it, or what and how they are responding, keep in mind they have a mind of their own and you need to respect their decision.

 

 

That aside

Spending time with someone who loves you.

 

 

Today I spent the day with my partner, and although the activities were not the most enjoyable, I still had that warm feeling deep inside; you know the one we associate as our heart.  Where does that feeling come from? Is that feeling of security a falsity?  How do we know what that feeling means? How can I feel that but not know what I should be doing with my life? Why am I at a crossroads with where I need to be, but yet feel security of where I am?  The hard part is the burden I place on my partner, it takes two to be in a relationship.  I don’t want to be unfair, I want to do my part, but somehow I feel incapable of doing so.  I know I’m lucky to have someone, don’t get me wrong.  I just want to feel whole as well.  I guess I should count my blessings and be done with it and just live.  Tell me what identifies you? Is it your career, your passion, the parts of the sum that make the whole? 

 

 

Have a Great Day

1 comment:

  1. I think that most times your opinions may be great ones. It`s just that maybe the receiver is scared of what she may or may not do. Maybe that person doesn't have enough confidence in herself. I think that one must be open to opinions and appreciate that one is caring enough to give them.

    I have to truly say from my heart and sole the one thing that identifies me is my FAMILY, and the life I have with them. A family can be anyone or anything. its what you make of it that counts.

    ReplyDelete