Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The World Today and our Emotions

 

I’m hearing about this boy in Nova Scotia that stayed two days in the cold and is in critical condition, and your immediately filled with empathy and hope that the child will be okay.  A woman is shot dead, while her child remained in the vehicle, now I’m confused and in awe, shocked.  A woman does a hit and run, a 60 year old is killed.  I don’t know about you, but I’m confused about where things are going.

 

Kids today seem to take pleasure in physical abuse, creating YouTube videos to show their handy work. Death by shooting is increasing steadily.  What is going on?  Has their been enough of a change in our society that emotions, morality, decency, value of life have all gone out the window.  Are we digressing as a society, becoming more like savages?  This behaviour certainly gives new meaning to the term Civilized Society. 

 

With the reports on how Seniors are being treated today, I can honestly say I don’t want to grow old alone. It’s scary.  What happened to heart and sole.  I’m sure somebody will tell me.

 

Have a Great Day

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100% here. The world is a very scary place to be. I see these things all the time on TV as well, and it makes me think what are we as people becoming. I`m a grandma now, and I find myself thinking about our granddaughter and her future. What kind of future she will have and all the things that she will have to face. I actually feel sad for the next generations to come.
    I as well would never want to grow old alone.

    ReplyDelete