I spoke about my lack of getting back into the health thing, especially after my last adventure. Well I did it, I registered for a 5K trek to sponsor a local charity. Did you know that these days you have to pay, to put yourself out there, to take part in an event as such. I understand they need the money to organize the event, buy t-shirts and there are some other administrative bills that occur, but what is the cost of all of that? In this particular event, they are asking for $40 and if you want to do a 30K the cost is $65. If you get 2000 people @$45 that is $80,000 and 7000 @$65 that’s another $455,000, but could be more as the price can go up to $80.
I guess the foundation sets their own goal of what they are hoping to get. If they get the participants they’ve reached their target, and any sponsorship obtained by the participants is gravy. I hope this it. Do you know the answer.
How do they know they will get the participants?
That’s easy, becoming a participant is two fold for me, I now have something to work for and the charity gets the money. The real go getters here are the 30K participants, it’s a challenge for them and this is their past time. I guess it’s away for them to measure their hard work, and to see how they compare. All I know it’s a win win situation.
I almost feel guilty, using it to my advantage as well. It’s all for a good cause, right?
Have A Great Day
Yes it is for a good cause, and I am real proud of you as well. I hope that the charity gets to their goal and more.
ReplyDelete